Tools to Engage the SDGs
The UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a list of 17 high-level goals developed by governments, industry and civil society to be achieved by 2030. The Vermont Global Exchange (VGE) has compiled this inventory of free online tools and guides to help Vermont companies and organizations engage with the SDGs.
- SDG Guide
– A useful primer for those new to the SDGs.
- SDG Compass
– Provides an inventory of more than 3 dozen tools that businesses can use to map progress against specific SDGs.
- SDG Atlas
– The World Bank has developed an interactive tool that maps implementation of the SDGs globally.
- SDG Selector
– Consulting firm PwC has created an online tool to help companies identify which SDGs to prioritize based on their industry and profile.
- SDG Industry Matrix
– Showcases industry specific examples of how companies are engaging with the SDGs.
- SDG Localization Toolkit
– Several UN agencies have developed a series of tools designed to help community-level actors engage with the SDGs.
- SDG Acceleration Toolkit
– the UN Development Program has developed a series of analytical and planning tools to help organizations and companies develop strategies for the SDGs.
- SDG Investment Taxonomy
– A Dutch investment bank has developed a taxonomy and decision tree to help investors to better understand how their investments contribute to (or adversely impact) the SDGs.
- SDG Sector Roadmaps
– Leveraging the power of collaboration to drive SDG impact
- Engaging Philanthropy to Take Action on the SDGs
- Media in Support of Sustainable Development and a Culture of Peace (2015).
- 11 Leading Actions that Government Can Take Now to Begin Implementing the Sustainable Development Goals